Monday, August 27, 2007

8/27/07

Norfolk City ladies golf tournament was held Saturday. There were only 12 ladies that played. I don't know why out of possibly 150 to 200 ladies only 12 want to play. I didn't play well enough to place, but we got to play at the Norfolk Country Club for $35.00 which is less that green fees would be. I was only 1 stroke out of the money so it wasn't too bad.
Friday night the Husker Volleyball girls opened their season with the AVCA (American Volleyball Coaches Association) tournament at the Qwest Center in Omaha. I really debated about getting tickets and going to this event. As it turned out the games were shown on net (Friday) and CSTV (Saturday). The girls looked great and won 3 straight from Tennessee and 3 to 1 over #5 UCLA. Am looking for tickets to the Baylor game if anyone happens to know of a couple floating around.
Sunday Jerry left early and I didn't play golf so had the whole day to do some catching up projects. Never get them all done, but did get the kitchen cleaned and the table cleared off, besides all the usual weekend chores. Tried to get a little more organized with my paper glut to keep it from piling up on the table. Every time I see it piling up, I think of Mom and her kitchen table. After all of the kids were gone, she only needed a spot for her to eat and the remainder of the table seemed to collect all sorts of papers. I must get my lack of organizational skills from her.
Sue

4 comments:

Janell said...

Hmmmm... I've always blamed the "pile on the table" on Randy & the kids - maybe it's not all them!

Myrnagj said...

Once a week I go through my apartment and clear all of the flat surfaces by putting everything in a laundry basket to sort while I watch my latest Netflik. The problem is the basket never seems to get completely empty but I can see the top of my table and my desk.

Shirley said...

I think I should try that basket thing -- you really don't want that mail on the table, people. you just don't know where it's been.

Janell said...

Shirley, that's kind of scary coming from a Postal Service employee! No more mail on the table for me!