Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dream

I had a real crazy dream the other night. (What dreams aren't crazy). First I have to tell you what we did over the weekend. Friday night we played our usual Friday night 9-hole golf. Saturday we played 18, watched the Huskers tromp Nevada and then had a cook out at our house with the Utechts. Sunday, as always Labor Day weekend, Fairplay had a couples tournament. We invited our good friends, the Swansons, from Wayne to come over and play with the Utechts and us. The Swanson's got some money back, but we didn't play bad enough or good enough to place. We had a great time and the fun with our friends was worth the money. We stopped to buy groceries and get Jerry a pair of camouflage bibs for his upcoming hunting trip. OK, this all must have been on my mind when I fell asleep Sunday night.
The dream- You all know how dream jump around. First we had just finished playing golf and were supposed to pick Joe up for some reason. (Don't know how he got into this). It was dark and it seemed like we were somewhere that we weren't supposed to be. I was on a road on a high ridge and Jerry was down below. We heard someone coming and he dove behind a bush to hide. When the coast was clear, he jumped up and started running up the hill at a speed like in a movie that was fast forward. The funny part is he was wearing his camouflage bibs. When he got in the van we started down the road and there was a wooden crosswalk that we had to get out and take apart to proceed. Then I woke up. I guess we got away. When I picture Jerry running up that hill in fast forward speed, in him camos, I can't help but giggle.
Monday, Jerry had to go to work so I stayed home and did laundry, ironing and hemmed up his new bibs. I didn't do too much else, but watched a couple of movies on the telly.
How was everyone's long weekend?
Sue

2 comments:

Janell said...

My long weekend was good. The highlight was when Joani brought her horse over to my place Monday and we rode and "played" - just like in the old days. If you visit OSM, I told about seeing the Husker women play VB on Sunday - that was awesome! Saturday, I finished a batch of red hot candy pickles. Made the whole house smell like Dentyne gum.
And I am still exploring the wacky world of satellite TV. Did you know there was such a thing as celebrity bullriding?

Shirley said...

The image of Jerry with the bibs and rast forward running is a laugh out loud moment.