Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First job

Baby sitting around the neighborhoods was probably my first job at 12 or 13 years of age. Taking care of Shirley and Janell while Mom worked was probably my first job. There was no pay except what I needed or cash if I wanted to go roller skating or to a movie. The "job" also included fixing lunch for Dad, Mick, Bob, Shirley & Janell and cleaning the house, doing laundry, etc.
The next "job" I had was when I went to Lincoln School of Commerce. I lived with a family in Lincoln. In exchange for room and board and $5.00 a week, I watched after their 3 kids and did the house cleaning. The mother was recovering from some sort of heart problem. The course I took at LSC was just a one year course so that was as long as that job lasted. The three kids I watched after were all very smart and I often wonder what ever became of them.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

Thanks for taking care of us!

LaDawn said...

Babysitting was the easiest job ever! I loved going through the fridge!

Shirley said...

I rememeber you making the school lunches. I asked you if you would please (I'm sure I said please) put butter on the bread for my "minced ham" sandwich. You said emphaticlly NO, if I wanted it I would have to make my own sandwich. So I did. Bread buttered (probably oleo) and a slice of "minced ham" (bologna). It sucked. and I never asked again.