Friday, September 21, 2007

The week in review

Sunday was the Denton picnic.

Monday Abby had a volley ball triangular with Battle Creek and Stanton. Three teams meet and each plays the other two. Abby's team beat both other teams. They never lost a set.
Tuesday we had a little stormy weather so no golf. I had a gift certificate from the NWAGA tournament at Eldorado Hills so I went shopping. They had just got in some new Nebraska stuff so I got a new sweatshirt and spent the rest on golf balls. I am now supplied for probably all next year.
Wednesday - Although golf league is over, some of the ladies still go out to play, so that is what I did. I am not bowling this year. My team disbanded and I need to get my trigger thumb fixed before I try it again. I am kind of tired of bowling anyway. The thumb surgery is scheduled for Oct. 18.
Thursday - Donna invited me to a salad supper with her sorority. After the supper the visited a jewelry store that has moved from downtown to a new building. Some of the women are really into fine jewelry. I don't see the need to wear $8,000.00 rings. I would be afraid of it getting stolen or lost.
Tonight, weather permitting will be golf and supper out.
Speaking of bowling, The team I went with to national bowling in Charlotte placed something like 467th and we each got back $22.68. This didn't quite cover the expenses. (ha ha).
Work has been kind of boring this week. The third week of the month us usually kind of slow. We are done with last months stuff and aren't into closing out this month. Unless there are a lot of car sales we have a slow week.
This coming week most of the tv shows start a new season. It is time to check the schedules to see where they have moved my favorites and to see what new programs are offered. The number of "reality" shows is getting out of hand. The only one I watch is "The Biggest Loser". How can they really be put in some remote part of the world to "survive" with a film and production crew? What has happened to "family shows"? Every sitcom revolves around sex. Even the kid on 2 1/2 Men knows more about life than I knew at 21. This kind of stuff is sending the wrong messages to our children. The only celebrities that get any publicity are the ones that are getting into trouble. I'm already tired of hearing about OJ, Brittney and Justin, Paris and all the others. Why don't we hear more about Tiger Woods and the good he does for kids? We don't get bombarded with the "good stuff" like we do the "bad".
The PGA gives a lot of money to charities, but do you hear much about the good they are doing. Not all athletes are bad. Some give a lot of time and money with underprivileged kids. Which ones do you hear about? Yah, the ones in trouble.
OK, enough ranting and rambling. Everyone have a good weekend.
Sue

2 comments:

LaDawn said...

I've been told good news doesn't attract viewers like bad news. I don't know who those viewers are that like bad news but it sure ain't anyone I know!

Janell said...

Someone once explained to me that badness makes the news because it is "outside the parameters of standard operating procedure."
We wouldn't want to live in a world where goodness was newsworthy instead of the norm.