Monday, September 17, 2007

9/17/07

This weekend was not a golf weekend. I think that is more newsworthy than golf. Friday evening Jerry got home too late to golf and our usual golfing buddies couldn't make it either. On the off chance that there would be someone to golf with, I went out to Fairplay. There is usually another group of 4 couples that we sometimes join if we are short players. NO ONE WAS THERE. Sniff, sniff. Since I was all ready to play, I played nine holes by myself. I won. lol. When I got home, Jerry was heading for the shower and our friends were ready to go out to eat. Eating out on Friday nights whether we play golf or not is our regular Friday night activity.
Saturday- Abby had a volleyball tournament. This started at 8am so no sleeping in. There were 16 teams in this tournament. There are "pools" of 4 teams playing on 4 different courts. Each team plays 2 sets the against the 3 teams in their pool. This sets up the tournament matches. There are 4 tournaments played on 4 different courts. The teams that play are selected by how many games won and by how many points. They are Gold. Silver, Bronze and Platinum. Abbys team won the Gold, or top bracket. They only lost on set in all the games they played. We had planned to golf after the volleyball, but they didn't get done until 2:30. The weather never really warmed up much and it was raining off and on so it was a good day to skip the golf.
We had supper at Utechts, and watched the Huskers get embarrassed Saturday night.
No surprise there since USC is supposed to be #1.
Sunday was the Denton picnic in Oakland. This is not a real big picnic because it is only Jerry's brothers and sisters and their families. Jacob went with Jerry and I because Joe wanted to get a start shingling his house. I spent a little time tossing a football with Jacob until the other kids arrived. The kids all had a good time playing in the park. Kendra played a couple of songs on her violin. This is her second year of lessons. Always nice to catch up with family. Then it was home (Jerry had left with his truck from Oakland). I decided the lawn could wait a couple of day to be mowed. I finished the laundry, paid some bills and watched "Rear Window."
By the way, Janell, you are not the only one that doesn't get the Noah/ woodpecker joke. I think I have to explain it to most of the people when I tell it.
Sue

2 comments:

Janell said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one - I wasn't sure if I was being dense or what!

LaDawn said...

What was the Noah/woodpecker joke? Did I miss something?