Thursday, August 2, 2007

High places

This week a cell tower is being erected in downtown Norfolk. It has been both educational and interesting to see how these towers are put up. There are usually 3 guys waaaaaaaaay up there. I wonder how much they get to climb up there. I know if I was up there, I would not get anything done as I would be holding on with both hands. High places have always kind of scared me. Helping with roofing, siding and painting was kind of fun except when getting up on the ladders or roof. Climbing up on a roof is a lot easier than climbing down. Advice is always "Don't look down." Ya right. You have to look down to find the first step on the ladder to get down. Hiking in the mountains in Colorado last summer, I tried to stay to the inside of the trail. Janell, Paulette and I did make it to the top and a nice forest ranger took our picture. It was kind of scary standing on the edge of a mountain. When we were younger Aunt Grace lived in this big farm house. Sometimes while visiting, we kids would go clear up to the attic and look out the window. Since the house was on a hill, it really looked like a looooooong way down. While flying it is fun to watch things get smaller and smaller as you fly off into the wild blue yonder. (wherever that is) Then to watch everything grow back to normal when landing. Even though I don't like high places, I do like to sit by the window when flying. I try to pick out the major cities or rivers that we should be flying over. Cloudy days are always disappointing when I fly. Jerry, on the other hand, does not like to go down into caves. Everyone has some kind of phobia, what is yours?
Sue

1 comment:

Janell said...

I'm with you on the high places. It's gotten worse as I've aged.