Wednesday, August 8, 2007

#1 of Ladawn's blog (AT 18)

What was my vision of the future at 18? That has been so long ago I'm not sure I can remember. Just out of high school my first goal was taking a business course at Lincoln School of Commerce. I took the secretarial course thinking I wanted to work in an office setting. My second goal, as was the goal of most girls of the 60's era was to get married and have a family. After working in secretarial positions and bookkeeping positions, I found that the accounting was more interesting. I am still working in an office setting. Hindsight being better than foresight, I think I should have taken more accounting classes and maybe became a CPA.
As far as the family - Although it was not Ozzie and Harriet, they all survived and are doing quite well in their own lives. When the babies were born, you think you have all the time in the world before they are grown, but that time now seems like just a few minutes. I wish I could be more involved in the grandkids lives. They will be out on their own way to soon.
Sue

2 comments:

LaDawn said...

Very brave of you to be the first to answer the question!

Did you always know you wanted to be a mother?

Sue said...

I think in the 50's & 60's it was expected of all women. I never thought about not wanting to be a mother.
Sue