Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

No black cats, no spilled salt, no broken mirrors, didn't walk under any ladders. So far, so good. I'm not really superstitious and don't know anyone who really is.
I don't even forward all the e-mails that threaten bad luck if I don't forward them to at least 275 people. Does having Friday the 13th just 6 days after 7/7/7 offset the luck/bad luck theory? I once bought Jerry a polo shirt on sale. I bought it on 7/7 and the sale price with tax came to $7.77. It didn't seem to help his golf game.
He did like the shirt because it was a light color which is always good when you are out in the sun. It did seem to get more stretched out every time I washed it. It eventually went to the Salvation Army for someone else to get some use out of it. Most people have some little thing they are superstitious about. One year my bowling team had little key chains with bowling pins on them that we wore on our jeans belt loops when we bowled. It turned out they were more for decoration than luck because we didn't do any better that year than any other year. How about "the luck of the Irish"? Do you think they feel very lucky on March 18th after drinking green beer and eating corn beef an cabbage? The Ides of March weren't very lucky for Ceasar. Good luck and God Bless all of you.
Sue

2 comments:

Janell said...

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard that corned beef & cabbage is not so popular in Ireland, not even on St. Pat's - only in USA.

LaDawn said...

Janell is correct....I've never seen cb&c on a menu anywhere in Ireland! And I don't think the Irish are particularly lucky. Remember the potato famine?