Friday, July 27, 2007

driving

On Saturday morning we went to Jacob's ball game. He played 2nd base and made at least 3 outs for his team. He never got to score, but did have a couple of hits. He is still in the coach-pitch league. No one ever strikes out and if they can't hit the pitched ball, the tee is set up for them. Lots of fun to watch the little kids and see how much they learn and improve each year.

Sunday. Jerry had to leave in the morning and it was predicted to be really hot and humid. There was a ladies scramble scheduled at Fairplay, but had to be cancelled due to lack of teams. Since I had a lot of golf scheduled for this week, I decided to burn some cheap gas and go for a drive. After I washed sheets and mowed the lawn, I showed and took off for Sioux City. There are 2 reasons for this drive. 1-I love to drive across Hwy 20 for 81 to SC. The scenery is just beautiful this time of year. The corn is tasseled and the beans are a lush green. Driving with the air conditioning on it even looks cool outside. The wheat and oats are all harvested and the stubble is a patch of gold among the green. Hiway 20 has a lot of hills and is kind of curvy. Coming over the top of some of the hills you can see a long long way and it is one of the most scenic drives in Nebraska. OK, #2 - Shopping. Summer stuff is on sale and I can buy stuff at the sale prices that I feel are too high priced at regular prices.
Good weekend.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

Your drive from home to Sioux City sounds a lot more interesting than the one from my home. I29 is even straighter and flatter then I80!

Sue said...

Any one who has driven across NE and not taken time to get off the interstate doesn't know what he/she is missing.
Due

Sue said...

Geez, I can't even spell my name right.
Sue