Friday, July 20, 2007

7/20/07

Pretty quiet week this week. We had a couple of nice rains so won't have to water so much. The farmers should be happy for awhile anyway. We had some wind with the storms on Wednesday night so will have to pick up the twigs before I mow.
We had a small gas grill that was by our back door. (It came with the house) I had it taken out last week. Now have to fill the small hole before someone steps in it. I guess about the only one that goes out that door is me. We also had a really old grill that we have had since we lived in Oakland many, many years ago. We bought a new grill last fall so now to get rid of the old ones. The guy that took out the little one asked if he should take it for disposal. So that took care of that one. I made a sign that said "FREE", added a little note that said the valve needed to be replaced with a safety valve and set it out in the front yard. I put it out Saturday morning and it was gone before noon. Probably saved myself $12.00 dump charge. Never saw who took it, I just hope they don't bring it back. Now I have these 2 old chairs, Hmmmm!
Sue

2 comments:

Janell said...

That magic word "FREE" works every time. We have some friends who live on Highway 133 just north of Omaha and when they put stuff out with the "FREE" sign on it, it's gone within an hour.

LaDawn said...

One man's rubbish is another man's treasure. Demonstrates that people always want what they don't have! This is why garage sales are sooooo successful!