Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Weekend

Rain, boy can it rain. We were lucky, we did get a nice amount of rain without the downpours
and storms.
On Saturday I went to Lincoln with some friends. We went antiqueing and shopping. These
friends got me interested in going to antique shows. I have a few things that I look for but
nothing that is too expensive. I did splurge a little on a silver spoon. It has the image of our
Methodist church in Lyons. We also went to Earl May. I bought a few plants to put in when
it does dry up some. There is a place north of Lincoln called the Plantation. They sell nothing
but geraniums and their own "special" potting soil and fertilizer. Walking into their greenhouse
is a beutiful sight - every shade of red/orange and pink. I bought 1 red one ($15.45). Last year
I bought an orange one. I hated to just toss out such a "special" plant last fall. I took it down
to my work place and kept it alive all winter. It really must have liked it there because it contiuned to grow. It did go a little dormant for awhile, but when spring arrived it perked up.
I took it home and put it in a bigger pot. Now to see if it thrives.
Since Jerry didn't get home until Saturday morning, we decided to head back home and have
supper with him.
On Sunday my plans were changed. Jerry was playing in a golf scramble which included 2
friends from Wayne. I had planned to go to Wayne and play with the wives of these guys.
When it looked like it might rain, we cancelled the Wayne outing. The men did play. Instead of
playing, I worked in my flower bed that I am trying to redo. It finally dried off enough to mow
the lawn so I also managed to work that in before it rained again. Did go to church, hadn't been
for a couple of weeks. Got laundry caught up, watched "Cold Case" and "Without a Trace" and
fell into bed.
Mondays come too soon.
Sue

8 comments:

Shirley said...

And I notice there was no note as to why you or the other local sister was not at the anniversary party on Sunday?
Shirley

cdroses said...

You missed the fun part, here last weekend...the flooding. When I got to work, Monday we had had 22 flood job phone calls over the weekend!

Final word on The Mayor's Run is it has been cancelled. Kendra was really disappointed.

Sue said...

I had made other plans and then I
forgot about the party.
Sue

LaDawn said...

I wish I could keep anything alive just through the summer. Without Marc's help the garden would all die. I have no house plants because they never survive.

Janell said...

What anniversary party?

Sue said...

Janell, Jim & Irene had a 40th
wedding anniversary party on Sunday.
Sue

Janell said...

Well, I'm truly sorry I missed it. I didn't know anything about it. We probably would have gone.
JC

Janell said...

Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!