Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Busy weekend

There just aren't enough hours on the weekends. I have sooooooo much to do inside and out that I cannot seem to make a dent in the list. Of course I do have to get my 18 holes in on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I finished washing the 15 windows on my sun porch. I got all my winter sweaters out, washed them and hung them out in the wind to dry. On Sunday, after chruch and brunch, I worked on moving out the "stuff" that is stored on the porch for the winter. Although God rested on the seventh day, I can't seem to find time. Sunday is also the day to grocery shop and mow the lawn. Last night I finished cleaning the sunporch and got the remaining houseplants moved out there. It looked so inviting to just sit out there and watch the birds and squirrels. We put out a new bird feeder that we thought the squirrels would not be able to rob. The first one to the feeder was a squirrel. He got on top of it and tried to reach the feed, but the trays were too small for him to get into. It wasn't long before there were some birds there. We also have a finch feeder out, but the finches must have felt the new feeder was easier to access because there were a few feeding along with the regular sparrows and other birds.
The baby geese were all alive and well when we went to play. Both families seem to stay close together but grouped as families. I had a ball fall about 10 feet from the family and papa hissed at me when I went to get it. Usually they will just walk away from the humans, but the babies were kind of napping so papa was a little more aggressive.
Now to tackle the rest of the house that has been neglected while the window washing project was in progress.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

You do have a nice porch that gives you front row seat to the activities. Do you suppose the geese think you are hitting eggs around on the golf course?

Shirley said...

If one of those geese parents come after you, are you going to raise the golf club at them, or what?

Sue said...

I really don't have a defensive plan for a goose attack. Would probably use my 5 wood since I usually hit that one pretty good.lol
Sue