Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I spent most of the day driving. Kendra is playing with the bell chior in her church. I don't get
to go to very many of their activities so I went to hear her. She did real well, didn't miss a note.
Southwood Lutheran Church has a very large membership, around 2000, which necessitated
building a new church. Another excuse to drive the 200+ miles, Cindy wanted to show me around so I arrived early. We almost missed the bells as they were playing just before the
service. After church, Tammie and Randy met us at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. I had a great
day and it was worth the 5 hrs spent driving.
On Saturday, I was determined to get my new rose bushes planted before they died in the pots.
I started last weekend getting all the grass pulled out and the rock picked up. We put up a new
metal fence which replaced the plastic one that was really getting tacky looking. One white rose
bush went in each corner and we put the white rock back around them. It really looks nice, even if I do say so. I am thinking of adding some red miniature roses in between the white ones.
I started around 9 am and finished around 1. I still have more planting and potting to do but the
windmill flower bed was my priority this year. Since I only have the computer at work, I can't
send you a picture, so you will have to stop buy to see the results.
I hope all you mothers, grandmothers, Great Grandmothers, stepmoms, and stepgrandmothers
had a wonderful Mother's day.
Sue

3 comments:

Janell said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I hope I can get to your place to see your roses & stuff some time this summer. I'll bring my camera.
JC

Myrnagj said...

OK You guys do way too much gardening for me. I guess I will have to repot one of my three houseplants.

LaDawn said...

I have no houseplants. I had some. They died. I didn't have children for a long time becasue I was afraid I would forget to water them. Good news is, children make more noise than houseplants so it is harder to forget about them.