Tuesday, May 15, 2007

houseplants

Speaking of house plants (Myrna's comment), I really have an abundance of them probably between 15 & 20. Last fall when it was time to bring them in from the sunporch, I had to find a place for them . My boss consented to letting me bring them to work. A car showroom is a great place for plants. Although the window faces north, they did real well. I also took some of my outdoor planters to see if I could salvage them. Some did make it, but I guess some plants only have a 1 season lifespan. The oldest plant I have is a Boston fern that is almost 30 years old. Someone gave it to Jerry when he had a hernia repaired when we lived in the Scribner area. I have managed not to kill the large piece lily that our golf friends sent to Mom's funeral. It dominates a corner of my living/dining room and reminds me of her every day. It is time to move them out to the porch again. I did want to get the windows washed (all 15 of them) before the move, but may have to move them and work around them. I have started, but ran out of time. I don't think we have anything special going on this weekend, so hope to get some
more projects finished or at least make a dent in my to-do list.

The saying "If you don't like the weather in Nebraska, wait 5 minutes" applied yesterday.
It was close to 90 at noon, but the weather changed later in the afternoon. I think it was
around 75 at 6:30 when my friends and I got rained out of our golf game. We were about as
far away from the cart sheds as you can get when it started pouring down. Brrr. As a result,
I got my checkbook balanced and a couple of bills paid. Supposed to be nice again this weekend.
No excuses to put off the outdoor projects.
Sue

1 comment:

Janell said...

You have a knack for houseplants and housework that I can only envy. I wish I had paid more attention to how you do that stuff when you lived closer to me.
JC