Thursday, June 19, 2008

???

Ever notice that Polish (the nationality) and polish (what you put on your shoes) are spelled the same? Just goes to show you that Noah Webster didn't know the difference between S**t and shinola.

Saturday am - Drug all the wet carpet out and sent JD to the dump. Washed all the rugs and towels that were used in clean up + all the other laundry. Mowed, got groceries, golfed and had hot dogs on the grill at Utecht's, and watched the 3rd round of the US open. I hope Tiger hasn't done permanent damage to his leg.

Sunday - got up real early to go to Walnut, Ia with Utechts for their big antique sales. A lot of vendors had packed up and gone home when the weather threatened Saturday afternoon. Got the last little canister and one other piece for my "sun and moon" collection.

This time of year is usually my favorite time of year to go driving. Everything is so lush and green. This year it makes me sad to see all the farm ground that won't be planted this year. A little water in the basement is just an inconvenience compared to what is happening further east.

Norfolk Country Club had their annual ladies open yesterday. I took off early to play. It is usually the one time each year I get to play there. Didn't play too bad, but didn't win any golf prizes. Managed to have the winning number in the 50/50 drawing. I played with a lady that I played with in Hastings and she invited me to be her guest next Wednesday on the "guest day". I accepted so will get to play there again. BTW, Janell, your bosses wife will also be her guest so will get to play with Bev G. again. Looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Cool! Say hi to Bev for me. Be sure and ask her about her granddaughters.

And speaking of granddaughters, your's are going golfing this evening with Randy.

And if we get olive oil by pressig olives, how do we get baby oil?

Sue said...

Be sure they take bug repellant.