Friday, July 11, 2008

Catching up

Boy, have I been busy.

Last Monday, June 30, I had an endoscopy and esophagus aplation. I had this done once before about 4 years ago. I have a conditon called Barritt's esophaus caused by acid reflux, or GERD. An endoscopy is done to see if there is damage. If so, the damaged cells are burned off. I will talk to Dr again on Monday. They send you home when you are still off in la-la land so I don't remember too much about the ride from Omaha back to Norfolk. (I do remember haveing a bowl of chicken broth at Village Inn with Tammie and Randy.) A liquid diet for the first day and then soft foods for a week. By the way, you can make anything soft if you chew it long enough.
Other than that I can go on about my business as usual. I worked on Tuesday, on Wednesday I was invited to play at the Norfolk Country Club so I took that day off as my day off and Friday was the 4th. Only two days to work last week so have been trying to get caught up.
Friday night we were at Joe's for a cookout and fireworks. All of both Joe's and Angie's families were there for supper. Some other friends of theirs came by for the fireworks. It was great fun watching the kids play in the lake. Others played volleyball. I even played 1 game of volleyball. Since I don't even own a swimsuit, I had to be content with just wading into the water a little bit. There was quite a fireworks show with all the other displays around the lake. As we were leaving, the lightening bugs were putting on a display of their own. It is really dark as you drive away from Joe's house and the bugs were spectacular.

We played golf on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday we had two other couples over to play golf and then had a cookout. We had a great time.

Still trying to get my basement back in shape after the water problem. A person can really store a lot of stuff when you have a full basement. I'm not sure that is a good thing.

Do hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and enjoy what is left of summer. The stores are putting out school supplies, so fall can't be far behind.

2 comments:

Janell said...

The cookout and fireworks at Joe's sounds like a perfect all-American Independence Day supper.

I guess you're at the doctor's today and will let us know what your procedure revealed.

cdroses said...

Today is the first day of classes for me! Ok I've totally lost my mind, this quarter. Taking 3 classes, all online, for a total of 13.5 credits. (yes, still working FT.)