Friday, June 6, 2008

Small world

Donna & I left Sunday after church and brunch with Denny & Jerry. Our tee time was 1:50. We programmed the Garmin and even though we took our own route as far as Grand Island, it would recalculate and took us right to the golf course. There was a lady from the Norfolk Country Club and another lady that was her friend that were also a twosome so they joined us for our practice round. They were Bev Mc and Bev G.
Both played golf in Oakland and became good friends. Bev G is from Tekamah. I told her my sister lived near Herman and if she (Bev) was into horses she might know her.
She asked who my sister was. When I told her she said "Janell used to babysit my kids when she lived in Tekamah." She also told of picking them up one day and each one had a bucket of snakes. Tell me, Janell, what kind of treat is that to send home with the kids?
More small world. One of the employees of the Nebraska PGA, Monica Novak, spent most of growing up years in Wayne. Her Dad & I went to country school together and Monica always updates me on where they are. She told me they had bought a lot on the lake by Pilger and are going to be Joe's neighbors. They currently live in Omaha and will use the lake house for weekends until they retire in about 3 years.
Ray & Carol (McKinzie) both graduated from Lyons.

I played ok part of the time in the 2-day tournament, but managed to get into enough trouble that I didn't place. Southern Hills golf course is beautiful. I got home Tuesday night in time to mow the lawn that just keeps growing with all the rain we have been having. Yesterday the lawn service came and fertilized so I suppose it will grow even faster. Sunshine today and a couples fun night with pot luck tonight.
Even if we don't play well, the food is always great. Better go make my peanut butter bars.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Sounds fun.
Things are really growing here, too with all this rain. I was not done planting stuff. We lost the tree in the front last week. It split and lost the biggest right limb one day, then after that got cleaned up a couple days later, the rest of it bent way over in a wind and cracked off. I liked that tree. Darn.

Janell said...

That's funny, you would run into Bev. Her husband, Bob, is one of my bosses at Hy Vee. I don't remember the snake incident witht the boys, but we sure had a lot of them in the yard at that place in Tekamah. They could have probably taken home a bucket full every day.