Monday, November 12, 2007

11/12/07

God Bless our Veterans and those still fighting to keep us safe.

I put my flag out yesterday, but didn't see too many out. I guess because of the holiday being on Sunday, we fly the flag on Monday. I put it out again this morning.

Deer season opened Saturday. The permits this year allow the hunters to take 2 deer if they so desire. Jerry and his crew didn't have any luck this weekend. Deer don't like to come out when it is windy and it was really windy Saturday. He went down to sit with Abby for awhile before he left yesterday. They did not see any deer. The deer are getting really smart. After sitting for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon, Jerry & Abby decided to call it quits. After unloading their guns and starting back to the house, 3 doe and a buck decided to come out of the woods. On Sunday morning after sitting with Abby for awhile, he left with the truck.
He saw three deer right after leaving Pilger. I think the deer must have some birds somewhere watching the hunters and giving the "All Clear" when it is safe. Better luck next week.

Saturday the state hi school VB finals were televised. Volleyball is one of my favorite sports to watch. Bancroft-Rosalie defeated Hunphry St Francis. This is the first time B/R has ever made it to the tournament. It is nice to see someone new win. I watched a couple of other games including Pious X to see how good John Cook's daughter is. There was a nice article in the Omaha paper about her on Saturday. Nebraska defeated Iowa State in VB yesterday. I have to stay up past my bed time to get the results when the games are not televised.

Did manage to sneak out and play a little golf both Saturday & Sunday. Only nine holes each day. It was nice enough Sunday to hang sheets outside. One of my favorite scents is sheets right off the clothes line.

Weekends are too short.
Sue

3 comments:

Myrnagj said...

Didn't you have an extra day this week-end?

Sue said...

No holiday for Veterans Day. Even if we had it off, the weekend would still be too short.
Sue

Janell said...

Too bad about the deer hunt. I saw 6 of them cross the road right in front of me on our county road Monday evening. They had been chased out of a cornfield by the combine.