Monday, May 5, 2008

This & That

April 27th two friends and I went to the Swan Lake Ballet. It was wonderful. Wayne State College has an organization that gets some really big shows and charges very little to see them. Our cost was $10.00 each. This was the Russian Ballet company out of New York. Ramsey Theater is not very big so there are not a lot of bad seats.
We were in the second row just off to the right. Close enough to see all the expressions that are so important in a ballet. Everyone should see this performance if you get a chance. This is something that I can cross off my mental "Bucket List."

Yesterday our granddaughter, Jaydee, was confirmed. I believe this is a very big milestone in a young persons life. One of the first steps to adulthood. She has had a very good teacher, Chip, and I do hope most of what she has learned the past few years remain in her heart and mind. We had a nice lunch at Village Inn with all the family. It was a wonderful day.

The weather here has been really up and down. One day we have snow and the next day or two may be 70+. The wind seems to blow almost every day. We may have had 2 days the entire month of April that the wind did not blow.

The van goes to the body shop today. It will be "hospitalized" for about 10 days.

Happy Cinco De Mayo. I think it has something to do with a battle, not the invention of mayonnaise. LOL

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Great for Jaydee.

Glad you liked the ballet.

Did you get any of the geraniums while in Lincoln? I see the ad for that place you went last year is in our paper now.

Sue said...

We didn't go to the "Plantation".
I have salvaged the 2 that I have bought in previous years. The showroom at CF has a great window for plants to spend the winter.
They are already blooming, but need to get outside. The blooms they have now are not as big as the ones they have when they are outside. I transplanted the first one I got into a bigger pot last spring and it now takes 2 people to move it.