Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Day

Ok, maybe it is just a little thing, but I got my van back. After driving a Focus for 10 days, it is like luxury. Both doors on the driver's side had to be replaced and the entire driver's side repainted. So-all the door dings on that side are gone.
There were 2 things I did like about the Focus. It got 25.88 mpg while I was driving it. All the driving was in town. The other thing is I could walk all the way around it without squeezing while it was in the garage.

Golf league has begun. It is still kind of chilly in the evenings, but we haven't been rained out YET. There are only 3 little geese that have hatched on the golf course this year. I think the coons must have got to some of the nests. Last year there were two batches of 5 & 6. There was a badger swimming in one of the ponds last night. This is the first time I have seen one out there, but there has been some very large animal holes on the course.

One of our club members is a member of the Bluebird Society and for about 3 or 4 years has put up bluebird houses around the course. Therefore we have an abundance of bluebirds. They really do help keep the mosquitoes down because in the fall when they leave it seems like there are more mosquitoes. Anyone who lives in the country should have a couple of these houses. I bought Jacob a membership in the BB society which comes with a couple of houses. He hasn't had time to put them up yet as he and Joe have been planting hundreds of trees on their new acreage.

Sounds like we may have some good golf weather this weekend :).

4 comments:

Shirley said...

A badger -- really? aren't those kinda mean and dangerous?

Tell jerry I saw Neal L. the other day and he asked about you all.
Wants to know if Jerry is going to be able to golf this year.

Janell said...

Good for you, getting your van back. I'll bet it was hard hauling those golf clubs around in teat teeny little Focus.

I saw a badger one day when I was out walking Cody. Fortunately, he didn't see it and I got us turned back before he got into a fight with it.

cdroses said...

What a relief to have the van done a week ahead of the trip.

Sue said...

Badgers can be mean. This one stayed in the pond and then disappeared. I guess I would have to use my 5 wood on him since I hit that club about the best of any. :).
Jerry is playing golf. He has his yearly heart checkup today and we plan to play later. It is a BEUTIFUL DAY.