Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend

Friday was not a very good day. It was cold and windy. I had a final doctor's appointment for the surgery on my thumb. Jerry dropped me off and ran a couple of errands and came back to pick me up. Well, as he was driving through the parking lot a car came forward out of a parking place and broadsided the van. No one was hurt, but the van sustained over $4400.00 in damage. Both doors on the drivers side will need to be replaced. It is still drivable, but will be laid up for repairs for about a week and a half. Wasted about 2 hours at the body shop getting an estimate and making phone calls to the insurance people.
When I got home I made a phone call and the phone was full of static so I had to call the phone company. They were there and fixed it in a short time.
We had planned to play golf and then go out to eat with friends for Jerry's birthday.
Golf was cancelled due to the cold. We did get to go out to eat and had a great visit with our friends that have just returned from their Arizona winter home.

Saturday, was one of the (maybe 2 per year) most perfect days to be outside. I washed all the bedding and hung it out, finished washing the 15 windows in the sunroom and then we played 18 holes of golf.

Sunday all the family was at our house for our April birthdays. Jacob and Kendra played football, last score I heard was 93 to 61 or something like that. We cooked out and had a good time. Cindy showed me how to get pictures to my blog so put one up of the grandkids. left to right, Jaydee, Abby, Jacob, Kendra. Now if I can just remember the steps to put up more. A picture is worth a thousand words so you will all be more informed than if I just rattle on.
Sue

2 comments:

Janell said...

GREAT pic of the gradnkids! Keep sharing your photos!
Sorry about the van crash, but I'm thankful that no one was hurt.

Shirley said...

Ouch, sorry about your van. Good to hear your family got the big April birthdays in.

By the way -- your birthday is marked on our calendar at work. It happens to be the same as a couple of coworkers of mine namely Dave and Ray, so I marked it to read "it's Suzies's, too!" So far no one has asked who Suzie is.