Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TV

Do you watch "The Biggest Loser"? It is the only "reality show" that I watch. Seeing the participants shrinking away each week is amazing. Not many of us have time to work out 6 hours a day, have a personal trainer, people to support us 24/7, and $250,000.00 to gain if we lose the most. I would like to see them all weigh in at the beginning of next season to see if they all kept it off.
After TBL, I watch Law and Order, SVU. Jerry doesn't like "cop shows" so he usually goes to bed. I like the L&O programs. There is always and unexpected twist in the mystery. You can just about count on the special guest star being the culprit. My favorite program is "Without a Trace". The CSI programs do not appeal to me because they get too graphic. Needless to say, my favorite reading is a good mystery.
The "Masters" was our entertainment for the weekend. Glad to have something to amuse us since the weather sucked.
One of the programs I like that is not a mystery is "What Not to Wear." Makes you wonder if some of those people have ever looked at themselves in a mirror.
Jerry likes "Deal or No Deal." I can live without that one. My favorite game show is Jeopardy, which I watch while I walk on the treadmill.
We have played a little golf this week dispite the wind. At least when the wind is gusting up to 40 MPH we have good excuse for high scores.
Sue

6 comments:

LaDawn said...

Never watched TBL. I love CSI but all we've got is repeats. Same story for L&O. I am loving Mad Men.

Janell said...

I really like the Food Network shows on Saturday morning. Other than that, I usually catch 20 minutes or so of news in the morning and Dancing With the Stars when it's on, although I think they need to change the format to pep it up a little. It's starting to look like the exact same show with only the names changed... wait...that's exactly what it is... never mind.

Shirley said...

I watch very little TV except for news channels. I did get hooked on the show "Medium". And Grey's Anatomy. But they move them around and with my schedule, I just don't catch them all. I really stay away from any of the pretend reality stuff.

cdroses said...

The "reality" shows I watch are "The Biggest Loser" and "The Apprentice". Brett Michael's "Rock Of Love", yeah well he's still hot for a 44 year old. (enough said) Otherwise, Dr. Phil and Oprah are the other things I tape to watch. Can't forget "Desperate Housewives" (just supporting James Denton's career! lol)
As a follow up to "The Biggest Loser", this article was in "The Oregonian" a couple of days ago..
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1208238906226140.xml&coll=7

cdroses said...

PS if the link doesn't work, go to www.oregonlive.com and search "biggest loser". It's about Ken from Season 3.

Brooke said...

I enjoy watching the BL. I am a TLC watcher. Saturdays it is on the whole day while i am doing things around the house. I am a huge fan of the DVR because I can watch the shows when I want to. It sounds like I watch a lot of shows but I can cut them down in half the amount of time. Love Desperate, Greys and Brothers&Sisters. Most of the shows are in the evening. I am completely in love with American Idol this season. David Cook is an awesome talented singer!