Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Soggy weekend

No back nine this weekend only the front nine Friday night. Donna & I managed to get nine in before it rained. We just got to the shed when it started sprinkling.
It rained Saturday - no golf. It rained Sunday - no golf, 4 person scramble rained out. It rained Monday - no golf, NWAGA scramble at the Pines near Valley rained out.
So, inside stuff. The game wasn't on TV, thank goodness. I had trimmed the trees out back and cut back a really sticky bush on Thursday so we loaded that stuff up and Jerry took it to the dump. He went to Pilger to change oil in trucks. I filled some cracks in the floor of my sun room. I loaded up some discarded items and took them to the Salvation Army.
You know how one thing leads to another? Well when I got back from the Salvation Army, the wheelbarrow that had some of the trimmings in it was still out because the van has to be out of the garage to get it in it's proper storage spot. Well, I decided to sweep that corner of the garage. Then I just kept sweeping and moving things. Then I noticed how dirty the window was, so get the windex and wash the window. After moving all the gardening tools around, I decided we needed another rack to hang them on (put on list for Sunday). I asked Jerry what he wanted for supper. He didn't know (as usual). I talked him into going to Whiskey Creek since he didn't get home in time to eat out with us on Friday.
Sunday- We went to church. Donna & Denny joined us because the Saints & Sinners were doing the service. One of their members had surgery so the were a trio instead of a quartet. We went to Hyvee for breakfast, stopped at Menard's and picked up what we needed for the storage rack and got some hooks to hang a ladder in the now clean garage. Had to go home to get my grocery list, so had to go out again. The rack and hangers are all installed and the garage looks a lot neater (for now anyway).
Finishing up my laundry, I decided to clean out the vent to the dryer which hasn't been working real well. I don't use it much in the summer, but with the rainy weather I decided it was time to see what the problem was. It was bad. Now it works like a new dryer. This led to cleaning the basement laundry room. Then while I am down there, the bathroom got cleaned. It is easy to "forget" to clean the basement bath since it doesn't get used much.
Time to sit for awhile. Jerry is watching the Chief's and then surfing the other games and to women's golf. I picked up the book I have been reading, Middlesex, that someone recommended. This is a really long book, but hard to put down. Still have a few pages to read. Sunday evenings I like to work the World Herald crossword puzzle while watching TV.
Monday back to work, since golf was rained out. Probably a good thing because I have been really busy.
Thursday I go in to have my "trigger thumb" repaired. This is something that came on after the carpel tunnel surgery I had 2 years ago. I had a cortisone shot in it then, but it has recurred, so will have it fixed. Outpatient thing and only off work a couple of days. Will be limited to using only my left hand for a couple of weeks and then no lifting or straining it for 4 to 6 weeks. Golf clubs will have to go to the basement until spring. (unless we get some really warm winter weather.)
Would be nice to see some sunshine.
Sue

2 comments:

Janell said...

Now I see the difference between us - when you see something that needs doing, you do it. When I see something that needs doing, I put it on a list for later.
Good luck with the trigger thumb surgery.

Shirley said...

Your "one thing leads to another" started to sound like the kid's book, "When You Give a Mouse a Cookie."

Good luck with the thumb thing.