Sunday, March 28, 2010

Radium Springs










I know you have never heard of it. Neither had I. We went looking for the ruins of and adobe Fort, Ft Selden. We drove by it and ended up eating in this really, really out of the way place called the Blue Moon bar. The waitress was a really talkative retired lady that got bored or fed up with her husband being home all the time and took on the watressing job. There were only 4 other people at another table since it was probably about 2 pm. The burger was ok and she told us we just missed the entrance to the Fort. Going back, it was right where it should be. We really only went about a mile to far, but you never know what you are going to find out in the boonies.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

What are those things that look like termite mounds?

Janell said...

What a fun trip you had! The Blue Moon sounds like a perfect place to get a burger in the middle of the afternoon.

Myrnagj said...

I've been on that highway but missed the fort.
Yeah, what are those mounds?

Shirley said...

You may have picked up some rads - radioactive particles?

Sue said...

The mounds are what is left of the adobe walls of the fort.

Jim said...

I came to check on you and Janell! Are both you taking another trip out from the colds? Spring is here and it is time to come home for planting and blogging.

I really like the pictures you took. I had never heard of that place either.
Quite a few Sundays we would go for rides to Las Cruces, out from El Paso. A friend from NASA should be living there now but I haven't heard from him since he moved.

And you were in San Antonio. I hope you enjoyed the River Walk. Mrs. Jim and I honeymooned there. I might have come over had I known you were there. I know you headed up I-35 from there. Next time come on over to Houston and go up I-45. Please? We have been playing golf all winter on the warmer days.
..