Saturday, January 12, 2008

Winter

As you can tell, the back nine is pretty quiet this time of year. The temperature has to be above 50 before this golfer will venture out. 50 is the lowest temperature, but also has an * *there has to be little or no wind. There was one day above 50 with no wind, but there is still about 4" of snow on the course. (sigh)

The Christmas decorations are all back in the storage space. Which was swept and dusted while the boxes were elsewhere. The front yard looks kind of dark at night since the lights are all back in their boxes. The gifts are all put away and the wrapping paper stored.

Now what? I look around my little room which has become the "computer room". It never had a name before, just the "little room". There is the quilt to finish, a pair of jeans that need a button sewn on, the files that need to be put in boxes so 2008 files can be put in the file cabinet. There are also shirts to deliver to Kathy to make memory bears for Jaydee and Kendra. Borrowed TV trays to return to Donna along with her folding chairs that I borrowed for our Christmas gathering.
There are the Elvis glasses that I got in our snowball gift exchange. Can't decide if I want to use them (they are a nice size) or donate them to a golf tournament for a door prize. There are some books I have read that I intend to give to a friend. There are scraps of material that I probably should just get rid of, but think maybe there could be a use for them. Janell, do you need scraps? My scale also sits where it is easy to get to. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. On the walls there is a variety of odds and ends. A small knick-knack shelf with a few things on it. Two plaques of little cowboys and cowgirls. A John Elway commemorative plaque. There is clutter on top of the desk (should clean that I guess). A cabinet has baby pictures and senior pictures of Cindy, Tammie and Joe.
There are 2 desks, a roll top and my computer desk, a file cabinet, sewing machine (thinking of moveing that to my bedroom), a stepstool, an office chair, and all the stuff you need with a computer. Sure seems like a lot of stuff in the little room.

Time to get busy and get my weekend chores done.
Spring is coming.
Sue

9 comments:

Janell said...

You made a nice word picture of your litlle room.
I probably don't need any scraps. I already hace a building full of fabric. Although I would take anything that has a horse picture on it.

Janell said...

hace = have. Sorry.

Shirley said...

The "little room" has a new name now that the computer is in it. We are kind of doing the same thing here. Had to agree as to what to call rooms that have been through phases. When I say Adam's room, do I mean the last Adam's room or the one before that. Sewing room had to be clarified, too. And we have too much stuff in these rooms. I'am making a new resolution to cut down on stuff. Lets's have another gift exchange.
and by the way the Elvis glasses came from an antique mall in Arizona.

Cliff said...

The names we give things may not make sense to others. The east wing of my wifes kennel was at one time used to raise felines. Completely without thinking we still talk about the cathouse. ie. "Just stop in I think Marilyn's been working in the cathouse all morning."
Soon the snow will melt and we will be playing golf, and so poorly that we will be wishing for snow on the golf course.

Sue said...

Cliff, Not a chance that I will wish for snow to prevent the golfing even if it is really bad. Maybe just a rain out.
Sue

LaDawn said...

Take a day out and make it a delivery day to deliver all the bits and boobs. Then throw the rest away. Then you'll have a spare room!

LaDawn said...

uh, that would be bobs not boobs....although delivering boobs might be fun too!

Janell said...

Oh, LDCP; that typo was hilarious!

LaDawn said...

that's me: here to entertain!