Thursday, December 11, 2008

Closed

OK, the back nine is closed. As a matter of fact so is the front nine. The golf clubs are in the basement instead of the back of the van. I tossed my golf sandals into the washing machine with Jerry's dirty jeans. Guess what. They came out looking like new. Don't buy me new golf sandals for Christmas. :) Now the first hour after work is spent on exercise so I don't outgrow my golf clothes over the winter.

I haven't started any projects for the winter yet. When I bowled in Wayne, our sponsor bought us jackets for winning our league. The plan is to make a pillow out of the logo and sew the patches around the logo and add the pins. A golf friend I have is a very creative & crafty person. Maybe after the holidays I can get her to help me create this object d' art. Is that the right spelling?

Other winter projects -- Organizing my computer room. Cleaning closets. Putting pictures in albums. Cleaning all the cupboards and pantry. Maybe I should start another afghan. Every once in a while God gives me something to do by piling snow on my driveway. Working 4 days and having Friday off should have netted me some extra time to do odds and ends--NOT. The theory I have is that the amount of stuff you have to do expands to fill or overflow the time you have allotted. Erma Bombeck (I miss her columns) once wrote that if your house is a mess and someone comes to the door, set the vacuum out. It looks like you are in the middle of cleaning. Maybe I could just leave it out. That would give me another corner of my coat closet to stick something else. :).

Winter is only 10 days away. Then the days start getting longer and we can start looking forward to spring. I have the Terry Redlin 4 season plates in a wall display which are rotated so that the current season is on top. These plates get dusted at least 4 times a year when I move the current season to the top.

Enough rambling. Have a productive winter.

3 comments:

Marla said...

I have tons of projects and I never get to them. My house is loaded with stuff that needs to find a place to live here or elsewhere. I just can't make progress!

Shirley said...

I do that vacumn thing all the time, and it never occurred to me that it could be a great prop.

Janell said...

I miss Erma B,. too.

The vacuum thing is a brilliant idea!