Friday, September 19, 2008

September

September always brings back good and bad memories.

Today is the 3rd anniversary of our Mother's death. Time does move on at an alarming rate. The 25th is the 39th anniversay of our Dad's death. The 25th is also
Tammie & Randy's anniversary. The 25th was Jerry's Dad's birthday. I remember we always got him a funny card, but the year Dad died I couldn't bring myself to give it to him on that day. He did get it about a week later.

Monday was the funeral of our Daughter-in-law's grandfather.

I think I want to die in September. The weather is really beautiful this time of year. The trees are starting to turn and the crops are turning. Temperatures are usually very comfortable and the humidity seems to be lower. The air conditioner can be turned off and the furnace is also resting. Some of the nicest golf weather is this time of year. Before the leaves start falling and before the snow flys. Families are getting back into the routine (or chaos) of school and activities.
Choirs are back in church. Although I kind of like the special music of the summer.
My favorite sports, volleyball and football, are in full swing. I have to add softball to the list this year as Abby has opted to play softball this year.

I hope everyone enjoys the remaining nice weather before the snow and cold sets in.

6 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Our winters here are mild, so I don't have too much to dread. I'm a sissy when it comes to cold weather, so what I would consider cold you most likely would not consider cold. I'm a fan of warm weather.

Mine and my dad's b-days are in Sept.

Sept. weather is so nice.
I agree with you.
I'm enjoying it too, also, as well.

:-)

Sue said...

Jamie, Thanks for stopping by. Everyone seems to be kind of quiet this week.

LaDawn said...

I wish we could pick the day we would die. September would be good. But so would February.

Janell said...

I agree that September would be a good month to go, too also as well. Right after the comfortable weather of summer and fall and before the deep chill of winter.

Marla said...

My husband just passed away Sept. 1oth. The weather was rainy that week, but on the day of the funeral it was a beautiful day. My birthday is in Sept. so it is a good month.

Jamie Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I hope October is going well for you and your family.
Our leaves are just now beginning to turn, but they won't be in full color for a few more weeks.

:-)