Thursday, March 13, 2008

signs of spring

Okay, everyone has seen a robin by now. Let's add a few more signs. One thing I notice is the track and tennis teams are practicing when I come home from work. Today I took a walk over my lunch hour and the geese were flying and honking overhead. The daffodils are pushing up. The snow is almost gone and what is left is just dirty piles. People are out walking. Kids are out playing. Baby calves are froliking in the pastures. Last, but not least, Donna & I played nine holes of golf on Tuesday. We had to walk and the course was not officially open. There were only temporary greens so we didn't putt. There was a pair of geese already looking for a nesting place by the pond on #8 even though there was still ice on it.
All right, I know it is supposed to snow tomorrow, but we always have to have a "spring snow" in this part of the country. Let's just call it another sign of spring.
Sue

5 comments:

cdroses said...

-The (office) cat is shedding like crazy.
-Motorcycles are out cruising.
-Lines of cars at the automatic car wash.
-The first few twinges of allergies (ugh)

Shirley said...

The Sunday ads are are featuring patio furniture.

I spent the week adjusting to the DST change. It's hard for me.

Janell said...

Animals shedding - indoors and out.
AH-CHOO!

cdroses said...

New one discovered this weekend...ANTS! Every spring they invade. Every spring we put the ant traps out.

LaDawn said...

No sign of spring here. Freezing wind, rain, hail is not a sign of spring!